Join our growing People Programs team at Instacart! Reporting directly to the Director of the team, this role is responsible for day-to-day management of the team, including assessing team capacity, assigning projects and developing programs that meet the needs of our business. Additionally, this role will be responsible for building the foundational elements of a People team PMO. The People Programs team currently has the following programs under its purview: Immigration, Global Mobility, HR Compliance, Onboarding & Orientation, and the Performance Cycle and is continuing to expand as we scale.
This is an awesome opportunity to have a lasting impact on the projects and programs of the People team and Instacart as a whole!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage the portfolio of projects, including prioritizing, resourcing, managing expectations, resolving major issues, and driving to successful project completion
- Lead programs for strategic success and continual improvement while overseeing the one-time and recurring projects that deliver the programs
- Establish program governance, outcomes and measures, scope and recommend project resourcing. Structure work and set timelines through comprehensive project plans, and ensure timely deliverables, assessing risks and anticipating obstacles
- Adapt and apply project management methodologies and tools to design and deliver key People projects and ensure they are rolled out to the business in a timely, well-coordinated and high-impact manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help guide implementation of critical programs and priorities.
- Communicate proactively with partners and teams to identify problems and create solutions
- Lead the Programs team, including hiring and development
- 7 - 10 years of progressive People experience
- 7 years of program/project management experience, preferably in Human Resources
- Empathetic leader with proven track record developing teams
- Experience leading business transformation projects including process improvement and change management
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills; ability to establish rapport with and influence senior business executives and HR colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills