Instacart's Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Policy Research & Development team is responsible for evaluating the impact of potential legislation or regulation on our business, and turning that analysis into core policy positions supported by economic research and data. This position can be located in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Help develop Instacart's proactive policy agenda and core policy positions
- Analyze legislation, regulations and other policy documents and perform internal cross-functional analyses to evaluate the impact on our business
- Further the integration of policy considerations into internal product and business development plans, working cross-functionally with Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Business Development, Finance, and Legal partners
- Create position papers, talking points and other resources on policy issues for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally to strategize with and support other members of the Policy and Government Affairs team
- 7+ years of public policy experience in government, think tank, business or academia
- Ability to analyze legislation and regulations, understand how technical language could affect the business, and identify business implications and synthesize policy documents for internal customers.
- Ability to develop resources to support public policy positions using research and innovative thinking
- Can effectively communicate complex information in writing and verbally to a wide variety of audiences
- Can balance long and short-term priorities to deliver results
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial with a bias towards action
- Bonus points for advanced degrees (e.g., JD, MPP, MBA)