As Senior Privacy Counsel, you'll play a leading role in the management and international expansion of Instacart's global privacy program. On a daily basis, you'll work cross-functionally with great people in our product, policy, communications, CARE, engineering, and other teams to advise on and promote company-wide compliance with relevant data protection and privacy laws. You'll also partner closely with IT and security, developing policies and procedures to protect company data and manage vendor relationships. You will report to the Associate General Counsel for Privacy.
You'll need to be proactive and engaged, collaborative, excited about technology and e-commerce, and ready to roll your sleeves up and dig into tough legal problems to reach a creative solution.
Every day we solve incredibly hard problems to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Join us!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage domestic and international privacy regulation compliance, including CCPA, PIPEDA, GDPR and HIPAA
- Advising the business teams on privacy matters concerning product development, digital advertising, marketing, data use and governance, and risk
- Help support the Incident Response Team in the review and coordination of potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and other resolution efforts
- Review/draft privacy and data protection related contracts
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to advise on privacy-by-design and PIAs/DPAIs during development of new products and features
- Collaborating and coordinating with the Policy Team to proactively monitor and review privacy and data-protection related legislation and advocating for positions beneficial to the company
- Keep Instacart at the forefront of the evolving regulatory landscape by staying up to date with best practices and legislative and regulatory developments
- Think ahead, see around corners, and help to prepare for legal issues that may arise in the future
- We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A J.D. from a top-tier law school and membership with at least one state bar (preferably California)
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience working at a leading law firm or in-house legal department, with a minimum of 3 years of hands on privacy experience (in-house experience, especially at a tech company, CPG or retailer, is a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of domestic and international privacy and data protection laws, including CCPA, GDPR and HIPAA.
- Familiarity with privacy related legal issues affecting the Internet and e-commerce spaces
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy and data protection related contracts
- A successful track record of managing complex projects and supervising teams
- Sound and practical business judgment and ability to manage multiple, high priority, competing priorities
- The ability to provide clear, concise legal advice, and work effectively cross-functionally to drive to results
- CIPP Certification preferred
- A team player