As a Product Specialist, you will draw on customer-facing skills, relationship building skills and technical acumen to help our shoppers and customers have successful experiences on the platform. You will serve as a liaison between engineering and Care by effectively communicating customer needs and pain points. This role is for highly motivated and self-directed individuals, seeking an impactful role aimed at revolutionizing the way consumers shop for groceries and more. Responsibilities include developing strong partnerships with cross-functional partners such as Engineering, Product Operation Managers and more to help facilitate platform improvements.
About the Job
- Triage and drive resolution on incoming support tickets for product issues, owning the follow-up on action items and leveraging these incidents as areas of improvement and growth identifiers.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Engineering and Care teams during active bug incidents and/or outages.
- Work with cross-functional partners to properly plan and execute product changes and process building as it relates to these changes.
- Own the overall success and feedback loop management of new features/enhancements and bug fixes, being the technical point of contact for investigating and triaging platform functionality.
- Consistently review technical performance (i.e. subcase spikes) and overall bug management.
- Regularly engage with Engineers and Product Operation Managers, collaborating on ways to enhance or improve the customer experience.
- Lead status update meetings around bugs and incident severity/impact, creating awareness for leadership and peers, of relevant issues negatively impacting the customer experience.
- Develop expertise in the products you support and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Instacart's product and platform changes.
- Assist with lightweight deep dive analysis as needed; to better understand trends in customer behavior, potential pain points and opportunity areas/product recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or 4+ years of equivalent practical experience in a technical support role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Practical hands on SQL experience
- Critical and inquisitive thinker that is able to take complex problems and break them down into actionable pieces
- Ability to operate seamlessly in a fast-paced, agile environment