Instacart's Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Senior Manager Policy Research will produce in-house research and collaborate with academics and think tanks to deepen understanding of Instacart and our industry's impact and support development of Instacart's policy priorities. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Policy Research & Development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Conduct research and analyses and use data to support the development of policies on future of work, privacy, food security and other issues.
- Assist in development of dashboards and analytical reports to inform Instacart's policy, government affairs, communications and business objectives.
- Assist in the development of economic impact reports and other public-facing analyses to tell Instacart's story and demonstrate impact, including on local economies.
- Work with the Director of Policy and Research Development to coordinate and facilitate team projects
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Policy and Government Affairs team, as well as the product, operations and communications teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with, and drawing insights from, large datasets.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including experience communicating research and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- Interest in the policy issues facing our industry.
- Bonus points for policy and/or government affairs experience.
- Bonus points for experience in data analytics, economics or a related quantitative role