Instacart's Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Policy Development Manager will project manage the integration of policy considerations into product, operations and business development plans. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA and reports to the Director of Policy Research & Development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Serve as liaison and project manager for the Policy & Government Affairs Department with Instacart's product, operations and business teams, explaining technical details to a public policy audience and public policy developments to internal technical or business audiences.
- Manage Policy & Government Affairs team input and feedback on product roadmaps to develop and launch policy-friendly products and services in coordination with other teams.
- Manage Policy & Government Affairs Department input and feedback on operational and product projects related to regulatory compliance in coordination with other teams.
- Manage process of obtaining input and feedback from product, operations and business teams on Policy & Government Affairs projects and proposals.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and the discipline to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience advising technical or product teams to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and a strong track record of executing cross-functional projects.
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Tech industry experience preferred
- Policy and/or government affairs experience preferred.