This role can be based anywhere in the Eastern Region of the United States.
We are looking for a multifaceted HR Generalist to provide regional support to our diverse and dispersed Operations and Central Operations teams in our East Region. Instacart is a growing business with a lot of opportunities to influence and be impactful. How will you level-up our team as we continue to scale? In this role, you will be a key player in advising and coaching on employee relations, performance management, compensation, and compliance matters, and will partner with the broader People team to develop and drive company-wide initiatives and process improvements. This role is a vital part of our business growth and will further our mission of creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager, HRBP, and will collaborate with a team of two other Regional HR Generalists, an Employee Relations Manager, and the greater People team to provide comprehensive support to the Operations and Central Operations team.
This role can be based anywhere in the East Region of the United States.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Act as subject-matter expert for labor laws for both exempt and non-exempt employee groups (performance, benefits, compliance, terminations, leave of absences, etc.)
- Counsel and provide mentorship to first-time managers on employee relations, systems implementation, performance management, policies, procedures, and other related topics
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Provide on-the-ground HR support for the west coast region
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to HR programs and processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience
- Conduct exit interviews and support administration of employee offboarding
- Ownership of full-cycle employee relations investigations
- Be a vital touchpoint for all people related outreach regarding benefits, performance, company programs, and policies
- Partner cross-functionally with teams across Recruiting, Payroll, Learning & Development, Legal, Compensation, Benefits, and Policy to integrate people solutions
- Five (5) years of HR experience in fast growing organizations
- Knowledge of HR federal & provincial laws and regulations (NY compliance experience required)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and navigate in a rapidly-changing environment
- Proven communicator with demonstrable experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally, ideally with dispersed teams
- Experience being the face of HR, representing policies and practices to managers and employees across the organization
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- An analytical mindset and high business acumen
- Experience with Workday (or similar HRIS), Convercent (or similar CMS), Google suite, and Greenhouse