Our marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on one thing: getting more people to shop for groceries using Instacart. We're looking for a talented Front End Development Manager with strong technical skills to join us. You will lead the technical operations of Instacart's notifications system, work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Creative, and Data Science teams to execute complex personalized marketing campaigns.
You are both technical and creative. You enjoy email development and know HTML/CSS well, and you also thrive on producing a flawless design, styling padding pixel by pixel to perfection. You are a perfectionist in getting emails to render flawlessly across multiple email clients. You've worked with personalization templating languages before (eg. Liquid, Handlebars, Ampscript), and enjoy building personalized emails, push notifications, and experiences for users.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Go-to resource for technical implementation of a complex email program with lifecycle campaigns, batched sends, and personalized push notifications & SMS
- Build flawlessly rendering emails via HTML, CSS and templating languages
- Work closely with our strategic marketing and CRM teams, as well as our in-house creative team in planning, developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Partner with CRM Engagement Managers to maintain the performance and health of the push and email channels with regard to audience segmentation, send times, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements and ensure current email best practices in the industry are being followed
- Act as CRM technical liaison between teams like Product, Design, and Engineering to improve marketing operations and efficiently scale the notifications program
- Champion and implement production quality front-end code with an eye toward performance, accessibility, and mobile first
- Champion innovation and best-practices in development and workflow processes
- 3+ years of experience developing CRM campaigns using marketing automation platforms such as ExactTarget, Braze, Iterable or Responsys.
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with coding text-based and image-based email templates
- Working knowledge of design systems
- Extensive experience with responsive email coding and best practices
- Experience troubleshooting cross-platform email-rendering issues and finding code solutions
- Track record of executing with attention to detail in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also able to collaborate and work cross-functionally to problem solve and drive projects to completion
- You've worked with templating languages before, like Liquid, Handlebars or Ampscript
- You have experience with css preprocessors like Sass or Less
- You have experience building experiences with deeplink technologies such as Branch
- Experience with APIs and webhooks
- You've worked in platforms like MovableInk or LiveClicker