The mission of the Customers Shop teams are to help people nourish themselves and their loved ones by creating the world's best grocery shopping experience. We do this by improving the core shopping experience for our customers on iOS, Android and Web. This includes experiences like search, browse, discovery, recipes, and recommendations.
Our challenges come both from technical complexity and from having a very high consumer experience bar. If you enjoy working on a product that directly impacts millions of people, while also scaling large systems to get us to the next 10x, then you'll love the team.
Areas we're deeply focused on are:
Help people quickly find the food and products they love, even when they're not quite sure what they're looking for
Make shopping effortless and inspire customers to try new products and experiences
Provide a customized and relevant shopping experience for each department and category
Inspire customers with delicious, shoppable recipes and help them meal-plan for the week
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features and infrastructure.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- A strong understanding of engineering systems and experience with full-stack development
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions while improving the overall organization's impact
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership