The mission of the Customers Home team is to empower customers to easily execute their shopping tasks and delightfully browse all the ways Instacart can save them time and money. We own the logged-in home page across desktop web, mobile web, iOS and Android. This page is where we merchandise all the retailers on our platform to help connect our customers with the stores they love and surface the most relevant information for the customer, such as their current order's status. We also work on several other key features such as retailer loyalty, address management and the customer profile.
Every day millions of customers manage their shopping journey from Home, which means the team's projects have large potential for improving the customer experience and driving business impact. Also, because the Home surface is relatively new, there is incredible potential for building new cross-store capabilities and further personalizing the content to customers' unique needs and interests. If you enjoy working on a product that directly impacts people's lives and are excited about scaling complex systems to get us to the next 10x, then you'll love the team!
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features and infrastructure.
- You'll work closely with Product, Design and Data Science partners to understand our users and build a product roadmap to help customers understand all of our product offerings and find what they need on our platform quickly.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
- Strong understanding of how to improve productivity across an organization
- Good understanding of what architectural or tooling improvements are needed on different platforms (BE, FE, iOS, Android)