Our Instacart Ads Engineering team is seeking a senior leader for our Ads Optimization team.
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey. Brands choose our platform because they see our marketing products as effective levers to grow sales and market share of their products on Instacart.
The Instacart Ads team are the owners of the advertiser experience. We are a cross-site team across SF and TO and are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Ads Optimization team to help make Instacart Ads an invaluable platform for advertisers. As our Leader, you will do this by carefully optimizing elements such as budgets, bids, and targeting.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will own one business-critical system, and working closely with cross-functional partners to participate in developing the engineering vision and roadmaps for your organization.
- You will drive ROI of the Ads platform by optimizing recommendations, product suggestions and the overall budget landscape.
- You will be working directly with advertisers to understand their advertising goals and build products that support achieving them.
- You will grow and lead full-stack engineering teams and manage the development controls to help advertisers optimize beyond the default (targeting options, suggestions, etc.)
- You will provide technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- 5+ years of people management experience building and leading high-growth, high-trajectory teams.
- You have the ability to inspire and lead teams to continually perform at their highest level.
- You are able to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, while shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- You have experience with industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience