Instacart's Corporate Development team drives inorganic growth by identifying and executing exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. We are hiring a Director, Market Intelligence within Corp Dev to perform critical market intelligence and strategic analysis to inform executive decision-making across the company, including within Corp Dev, Strategic Finance, Product, Growth, and beyond. This is an opportunity to shape and grow Instacart's Market Intelligence function to help make it best-in-class. Your work will involve primary and secondary market research (industry landscaping, competitor analysis, company investigation, expert network calls), strategic analysis, financial modeling and investment thesis building. You will perform structured qualitative and quantitative/financial analysis, interpret and synthesize data, analyze internal product roadmaps, develop sound recommendations, present findings to executives, and create a system for regular distribution of your work (eg, dashboard, periodic report). Most of your time will be spent on Market Intelligence, with a smaller portion of time spent on helping execute deals led by Corporate Development. This is a rare opportunity to have material impact on a fast-growing startup with high executive visibility.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead market intelligence efforts and strategic analysis for Instacart.
- Perform research, including industry overviews, TAM sizing analyses, market share calculations, company landscaping, financial analysis, valuations, and build/buy/partner analyses.
- Proactively develop integrated insights and develop sound, actionable recommendations.
- Identify and evaluate strategic inorganic growth opportunities.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, your findings to executive and other audiences.
- 12-15+ years of relevant professional experience with a successful track record in market intelligence. Experience in Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Investment Banking, Private Equity or similar roles.
- A self-starter with a positive-attitude and history of collecting competitive intelligence, mapping market/industry segments and identifying and developing business cases for inorganic strategic growth opportunities.
- Familiarity with relevant primary and secondary research sources, including key research vendors, market data reports, and analyst reports.
- Ability to deep dive into qualitative and quantitative (including financial) information, provide structure to unstructured issues, synthesize insights, and quantify opportunities to make credible, actionable recommendations.
- Polished executive communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues, and highly proficient in advanced Excel and Powerpoint/Google Presentations.
- Ideally some experience in M&A/investments, including due diligence and integration.
- A trusted advisor and a team player with the ability to quickly respond.