Instacart runs the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. This is reflected every day in how we build and operate our products, and how we engage with customers, partners, and independent researchers. We are guardians of customer data no matter where it resides. This Director will define the future of security at Instacart, and work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Director to develop, manage, and implement Security programs.ABOUT THE JOB
- Hire (grow), develop, manage, and lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, system engineers, and traditional security engineers across all aspects of Security.
- Advise executive and senior leadership on Instacart's security vision through regular and consistent written and in-person communication.
- Lead Security Engineering's partnership with infrastructure and application teams, to ensure all products are developed and delivered with security in mind.
- Implement policies and procedures that protect our customer and partner data.
- Develop and provide metrics and reports to the senior leadership of the top security risks and health of their respective organizations.
- Drive adoption of security embedded in application and platform teams through training, awareness, and integration of security principles into the CICD pipelines
- Implement and direct programs for the identification, reporting, and remediation of information security concerns throughout the company.
- Develop InfoSec-related training programs/materials for the company, team members serving as SEMs.
- Oversee the evaluation, selection, and implementation of information security tools.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, or other related science/engineering fields (Mathematics, Engineering, etc.)
- Previous leadership experience managing org of 15+ with the ability to recruit/hire, upskill, lead, and scale team to 25+.
- Strong distributed systems and cloud technology knowledge OR application security technology knowledge OR infrastructure security technology knowledge
- Deep understanding of best practices in app/product security, InfoSec, cloud security
- Ability to assess cost/benefit trade-offs of security initiatives in the context of overall business risk mitigation, and Instacart's operational objectives.
- An inspirational and effective leader in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be highly adaptive.