Instacart's Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Digital Campaign Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing playbooks for winning digital advocacy campaigns in priority markets. The Manager will use email marketing, social media advertising, grassroots digital toolkits and other strategies to support proactive and reactive policy goals within and across markets.
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Manager of Policy Campaigns.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work collaboratively with the government affairs, community affairs, and communications teams to develop a cohesive digital advocacy strategy that inspires action and deepens commitment to our policy goals
- Manage the digital communication calendar for the Policy and Government Affairs team, making sure mobilization emails and other action alerts are drafted, approved, tested, sent and results are recorded
- Write content for advocacy and rapid response emails and landing pages that engage diverse audiences in our high-priority markets
- Tailor research-tested campaign messaging and talking points for digital audiences and platforms
- Monitor and improve email deliverability to ensure our key messages are reaching the right audiences
- Assist in shaping the digital strategy for our app-based advocacy coalitions at the local and federal level, working with coalition partners and internal stakeholders to strengthen our coalition social media strategies and digital advertising campaigns
- Create regular and purposeful analytics reports on the progress and performance of our Instacart digital advocacy campaigns
- 3+ years of digital advocacy experience with a track record of success on legislative and/or electoral campaigns
- Demonstrated experience managing an email program on a political campaign or for an advocacy organization with an email list of at least 20,000 people
- Excellent writing skills and a demonstrated ability to adapt wonky and complex campaign messaging for online audiences and platforms
- Knowledge of automated messaging series and a solid understanding of audience segmentation
- A strong comfortability with technology and a willingness to learn and use new digital tools
- Ability to analyze data and use your results to inform future digital campaigns
- Team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- Interest in the policy issues facing our industry.
- Bonus points for previous political and/or digital strategy consulting experience
- Bonus points for experience in developing and executing paid digital campaigns across programmatic and social media platforms