Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Org is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're looking for a Program Manager to join our growing Design Ops practice. Design Ops focuses on all things that empower high quality craft, methods, and processes to amplify the value and impact of the Design Org teams. Our mission is to nurture the optimal environment for our teams to create high quality and impactful work. You're passionate about strategic operations, and will be responsible for developing our org's Business Ops programs. You'll use qualitative and quantitative feedback to evolve these programs.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with team members, Design managers, and cross-functional stakeholders (Legal, Finance, IT, HR, and Compliance teams) on identifying opportunities to accelerate and scale the Design Org's business programs.
- Manage process improvements, team documentation and provisioning of tools to ensure that our teams can effectively work towards Org and company goals. Address blockers as needed.
- Evaluate and implement new tools and systems to meet the teams' needs as we continue to scale.
- Oversee full lifecycle of Design vendors. Partner with legal, vendor security, and procurement teams to effectively manage procurement, contract development, onboarding, and invoicing.
- Implement and manage budget and forecasting processes to track programming and vendor (tooling, contractors, consultants) spend.
- Manage all org expenses and invoices.
- Ensure adherence to compliance policies: Data privacy (CCPA & GDPR), company compliance (ie Document Retention Policy), etc.
- Take a 'big picture' approach when supporting and engaging the team, while still managing the details.
- Be an advocate for the Design Org within and outside of Instacart.
- Build strong relationships with team members, as well as business partners across Instacart.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Passion for the Design and Research space and an eagerness to further their understanding of how these functions thrive.
- 4+ years work experience in a program manager role, business operations role or paralegal role; or 6+ years work experience in an administrative role. Preference for any experience within the design operations space.
- Clear, structured and proactive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills, with a pragmatic approach to executing on the big picture.
- Self-Led. Able to effectively prioritize tasks, identify and address obstacles, and push projects forward from beginning to end with minimal or no oversight.
- Bias for pragmatic action, works with a sense of urgency and consistent forward momentum.
- Proactively identifies problems and inefficiencies, and seeks to address them with an eye towards maintaining team momentum.
- Able to quickly pivot focus to align with team needs, often anticipating changes.
- Excitement to build a cohesive and unified team culture.