We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team. As a member of the legal team, you will work closely with colleagues across multiple internal functional groups on a wide range of corporate matters, including capital raising, corporate governance, securities law compliance, mergers and acquisitions, strategic transactions, and subsidiary management. Currently based anywhere in the United States, but once pandemic restrictions lift and life normalizes, you will be expected to work primarily from the Bay Area.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for compliance and corporate governance matters, including organizing timelines, processes, and materials for board meetings.
- Draft and review public disclosures and other corporate communications.
- Assist with capital raising, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions, including coordinating internal teams and assisting with diligence and managing data rooms.
- Partner with our global equity team to ensure a best in class equity program.
- Support international expansion efforts, including subsidiary formation, maintenance of inter-company structures and filings required for ongoing operations.
- Research and interpret regulations, laws, statutes, and guidelines with respect to strategic growth initiatives of the company.
- Creatively configure solutions and provide advice for sound business decisions in view of relevant legal compliance requirements and risks.
- Help to develop, implement and continually improve company and team processes and procedures.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice in California, or the ability to apply for California's Registered In-House Counsel.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years of corporate and securities work at a major law firm; in-house experience preferred.
- Familiarity and experience working with consumer-facing businesses; eager to learn new areas of the law and committed to understanding the industry and the company's business.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give advice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work.
- Advanced analytical ability, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small) and collaborate cross functionally.
- Able to participate in developing company strategic and operational goals, and work closely with business units in their operational execution.
- Able to identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, and present clear recommendations.