Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. And of course, food is sustenance and has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. But it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
We're looking for a Content Design Manager who can help build out a strong content strategy / UX writing function at Instacart. This person should be a highly experienced writer/strategist/designer with some management experience. This manager will play an integral part in evolving and socializing content design vision across our Customer, Shopper, Retailer, and Advertiser experiences and is expected to collaborate closely with their peers and teams in Product Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Brand to influence product strategy and deliver exceptional content design outputs. We are looking for someone who thrives on coaching and mentoring Content Designers in their craft and career goals and who can comfortably shift between editing, strategizing, recruiting, and team-building.
This is not a content marketing role.
- 1+ year experience managing UX writers, content designers, or content strategists
- 4+ years of experience working as part of a product writing, UX writing, or content strategy team
- User-centric approach to designing and writing user flows
- Experience mentoring and hiring high performing teams
- Emotional intelligence—the ability to truly understand what each individual on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled
- An inspiring portfolio of projects that showcases your (or your team's) writing approach, final copy, and impact
- A demonstrated ability to lead initiatives end-to-end and with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Able to set and communicate priorities and appropriately cascade change to your team
- Drives successful execution and high quality work across several product teams
- Can be counted on to remove blockers for yourself and your team
- Proactively identifies connection points between products and/or teams
- Dedicated to people management as a critical part of your role; able to assess and grow talent
- Comfortable rolling up sleeves and working without formal requirement documents or top-down decisions.