We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Financial team and leverage data visualization tools such as Periscope and Tableau to create dashboards for financial reporting. This role will perform a combination of project work and support for the Finance and Accounting teams at Instacart. The ideal candidate will have experience with supporting these functional areas and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will be a key contributor for an organizational structure within the Financial Systems and Solutions department to facilitate achievement of the department's short-term goals and long-term objectives
ABOUT THE JOB
- Perform a support function by solving data related issues submitted via ticketing system.
- Leverage data visualization tools such as Tableau and Periscope to create dashboards and data analysis for financial purposes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, executives, and decision-makers to prioritize, design, and fulfill data needs.
- Investigate and solve complex data issues such as data bugs that impact financial reporting.
- Prepare documentation such as data flows, case studies, and detailed query logic for code changes.
- Uphold security and internal controls standards for data reporting through administrative responsibilities.
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use tools and dashboards and teaching business users how to use them.
- Deploy data quality checks and ensure high quality of dashboards and other data requests.
- Work closely with the Product, Data Engineering, and Sales teams to stay current on latest product rollouts and their data and financial impacts.
- Regularly communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects with stakeholders.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years hands-on experience in BI, Data Science, or Data engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong SQL experience and dashboard building
- Python, Google Scripts preferred
- Exposure to Visualization Tools: Periscope and Tableau
- Familiarity with: Github, JIRA, Snowflake
- Strong level of knowledge and experience with multiple systems in a high transactional business
- Proven accomplishments using needed skills and with a track record of success in a fast pace environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of financial concepts, common accounting practices, and system solutioning
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver on groomed list deliverables on time
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with cross functional teams, troubleshoot a problem, gather information, and recommend solutions
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart