Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced User Experience (UX) User Interface (UI) Designer with a proven record of delivering innovative solutions which address our customers’ most challenging business problems and opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to work across IBM Services Digital and iX projects. The ideal candidate will have experience with mobile design work collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and ability to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
Designers will focus on visual interactive user interface design: how users interact with complex and highly specialized data, how users process an array of information, and ultimately how the product looks and feels.
Candidate must live within 300 miles of Buffalo NY
- Understand mental models and build wireframes and prototypes in accordance with interaction design principles
- Apply knowledge about UX disciplines including information architecture, motion design, and micro-interactions
- Tell meaningful stories about users, with great presentation skills
. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). POST COVIDyou are expected to travel up to 75% of the time to meet our client needs across the US.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:Skill Development
: helping our employees grow their foundational skillsFinding the Dream Career at IBM:
navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirationsDiversity of People
: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in designing digital and mobile projects
- At least 3 years of experience in areas such as customer strategy, user research, information architecture, customer experience design, product design or other similar areas.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading small/medium-sized projects, including the ability to navigate scope, work with large teams and present ideas to clients
- At least 5 years of experience in client services
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design principles and traditional design principles, with expertise in how to apply them within a visual design system.
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Online design portfolio for review
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exp using Sketch, Adobe XD, or other related design tools
- Exp using Design Libraries
- Data visualization skills
- Actively engaged in the UX community and in tune with the latest developments in the industry
- Master’s Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science
- Ability to define product requirements based on user and stakeholder research
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.