At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities and accountabilities of the Site Reliability Engineer within the IT Infrastructure & Operations for MAFTech, Global Solutions include:
- Monitoring and maintaining of services or application stability, performance, capacity and availability Automating all manual, repetitive and automatable tasks
- Assisting development teams with defining non-functional requirements for all features/systems/services
- Carrying out software quality assessment for all releases to production, including code and application design reviews
- Monitoring and maintaining of service/application performance, capacity and availability
- Ensuring availability, sustainability, and accessibility of application systems/services
- Performing Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis
- Managing and remediating on security threats and vulnerabilities, and applying all required security controls in accordance with relevant policies
- Identification and mitigation of all risks for services in production
- Executing and managing operational projects to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines and scope Liaise with developers and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- 3+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud
- Expertise designing, analysing and supporting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience managing infrastructure as code via tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience on AWS/Azure cloud
- Strong problem-solving skills
Effective communication skills
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementWhen applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.