System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
RedHat, Power8, HMC, VMware, HACMP, GPFS, LVM, SAN, cups, FTP, NFS, Shell. Sounds familiar to you? Are you open to new challenges and position where you can let your current career grow? Yes? Apply! We are waiting just for you!
We are looking for experienced Unix / AIX System Admin for our multicultural UNIX/AIX teams. Save the day with IBM. Our Delivery Center provides high-value IT services and leverage proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed in our global network, bringing together an outstanding talent pool to help global leaders solve some of their most challenging problems. Therefore this is an ideal place where to use and develop your skills and potential. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment.
Your future made with IBM.
Server management unit provides support for the base operating system on servers by implementing standard OS parameter configuration and version levels. These services include providing support of the Operating System configuration and associated file systems, log files, processes, problem determination, problem resolution, software, administration tools, utilities, security, and hardware. Administrative tools are installed to allow support to be provided locally or from a remote location. Standard problem & change control processes are followed.
Do not hesitate, apply, our recruitment team will contact you as soon as possible!
Your day to day activities will include:
Management and responsibility for support of production Linux / AIX systems of multiple clients:
Incident / Service Request management:
- Assign incidents in IPC tool
- Regularly document the progress of resolution
- Document all available information in the resolution field for future analyze
- Resolve the incident by using the correct resolution & service code
- Involve Delivery Analyst in case of re-occurring incidents
- Server and applications patching and update
- Review and approve / reject assigned changes within one day since assignment
- Review and approve / reject changes assigned to different teams where our team is an approval
- Assign changes / tasks going to execute to ensure clear ownership
- Prepare, execute and close the change (immediately after validating the result and with the appropriate code; latest in 2 working days)
- Consolidate inputs from all involved teams & vendors to deliver complete analyze
- Provide the RCA in SLA
- Support other teams in case our services are involved in their RCAs
- Projects support (both internal and client driven) based on guidance from Focal Point / Team Leader / Manager
- Ensure proper handover when leaving to vacation including update in associated tools (IPC etc.)
- Is fully responsible for all his / her accesses (request, regularly change the passwords...) to be able to support whole assigned scope
- Other expected knowledge and ability needed:
- Disk, LVM/GPFS and FS management
- User and sudo management
- Performing system health check and configuration
- Backup and monitoring management and configuration
- Server build
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
Strong career opportunities
Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
- Above standard Medical Care
Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
Global Travel and Life insurance
Contribution to the Pension fund
IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
Benefit from mentoring and coaching
Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- UNIX / Linux experiences in production environment - at least 2-3 years of experience
- Troubleshooting experience- Knowledge of ITIL methodology
- Experience with High Availability Solution (eg. PowerHA)
- Experience with Virtualization (eg. PowerVM)
- Availability to work during out-of-office hours for some roles
- Bash scripting
- English: Intermediate
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitAt Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.