At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be joining the Log management team responsible for managing current Log Management platform.
Regular day-to-day tasks are:
- new log source onboarding/deprovisioning
- log source, storage and Log Management servers incident handling
- SNMP trap handling- validation of variances in logging volume
- overall log management server administration
- new clients onboarding
- developing own scripts to improve platform performance
Additionally you will be participating in the setup of a new Log Management platform along with the transition of the existing customers.
What we offer:
- Working for a top 3 company according to Forbes 2020 best employers ranking
- International and prestigious projects
- Highly skilled teams of experts
- Wide range of IBM trainings and certificates
- Unlimited access to Udemy, Harvard Business Review, Safari O'Reilly, getAbstract, IBM AI Skills Academy
And what is more:
- Contract of employment
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sport, charity & other networking groups
- Summer / winter camps for children
- Discounts with IBM employee badge
- Referral Bonus Program
- Home office option
- No dress code
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 2 years of experience in IT (infrastructure/security/application support).
- Experience with Systems Administration, Middleware, and Application Administration
- Knowledge of systems communications from Layer 1 to 7
- Keeps up to date on advancements with respect to the trends and events in the IT and/or information security industry.
- Experience with Network and Network Security tools administration
- Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, http logs, DB logs for investigation purposes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
In-depth experience with log search tools such as LogPoint, ELK stack, usage of regular expressions and natural language queries
- In-depth knowledge of packet capture and analysis
- Demonstrated experience of contributing to IT Security projects.
- Good scripting skills, Python
- Good understanding of JSON data structures
- Good understanding of Regex (especially RE2)
- Knowledge of JINJA
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.