As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Performance Test Architect/Lead you should have 4+ years of experience
in either one of the tools such as Load Runner or JMeter or other
open-source performance test tool. You should have a growth mindset and
familiar with performance testing in cloud environments. You should also
experience in Test planning, estimations, prioritization, and documentation
for Performance Testing. You should also have expertise in software QA methodologies,
tools and processes and performance testing tools. Candidates must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.
Although this position is currently working remotely, this is not a permanent work from home position.
This position requires relocation to Monroe, LA within 30 days of the office permanently reopening. This position will require up to 50% travel post-covid times.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
4+ years of leading the design, implementation of Performance test frameworks for Web, Cloud and Big Data Applications.
- Design, Develop, execute performance test suites and provide technical assistance to improve system availability, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Developers, DevOps, PM, Architect) to design an effective Automated Test Strategy for Volume, Load & Stress Testing
- Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
- Performance engineering experience when moving/migrating to cloud.
- Experience working with DevOps CICD and Agile environment.
- Lead the test automation engineering team to create and support load/scale testing on their respective projects.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in scripting with languages like Java, C# etc.
Experience in Test Automation tools (Selenium, UFT, RFT)
Experience with API Test Automation (SOAP UI/REST Assured/Postman)
Performance engineering experience when moving/migrating to cloud.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.