At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Performance Architects/Engineers bring 5-plus years of experience designing, developing, and optimizing IT applications, and workloads in legacy and multi-cloud platforms (experience in multi-cloud or at least one of the major cloud platforms – e.g., IBM, AWS, MS Azure, GCP). Experience in application performance engineering across a broad range of technologies, applying application performance optimization methods and techniques to execute solution designs in collaboration with our clients’ application and performance architects and engineers. The Performance Architect is expected to participate in application performance optimization requirements gathering engagement, create and execute client specific performance improvement remediation plan and work with the key client stakeholders to create and execute a high-level performance improvement plan. In addition, the Performance Architect may be expected to define and execute the performance improvement detailed plan and continue to guide the client through the entire project. As deep subject matter experts, recognized inside and outside Kyndryl, they leverage multiple application technologies experience, SDLC and performance optimization techniques to guide and direct our clients. They are regarded as a deep practitioner in the performance optimization practice across, methods and technology design competencies. They are accountable for structuring and delivering performance improvement design engagements that deliver lasting and measurable value to clients. They lead the positioning and adoption of performance testing and remediation technologies, strategies, and processes in their client’s organizations. In addition to their subject matter expertise, they have strong technical skills and further the evolution of intellectual capital assets and developing practice resources. Individual must be able to demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) to be able to run dialogues with clients at all levels of the IT organization.
- Experience working as a performance architect/engineer for an IT professional services firm or similar background in an IT performance engineer role in a large enterprise, focused on application performance optimization and testing strategies.
- Broad knowledge of modern performance engineering technologies including application performance requirements gathering, performance testing strategies, latency identification points, and remediation strategies. Experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture, automation and/or resiliency is a plus
- Broad expertise in application performance remediation techniques, re-design, re-architecting (microservices/APIs), containerization, automation, etc.…
- Performance, Testing, and design method champion to gather and analyze requirements, design and implement specific solutions. Expert level understanding of conceptual, logical and physical design stages
- Led detailed design sessions to outline implementation tasks
- Experience working with business and technical leaders to adopt innovative ways to drive enterprise digital transformation efforts
- Know how to apply consulting techniques (such as issues-based consultant, architecture frameworks and methods) in a range of business/IT solution contexts
- In-depth understanding and experience in; Performance testing, application development, database design and optimization techniques
- Sales engagement across opportunity identification, deal shaping and solution architecture
- Broad design expertise across multiple application and platform domains and capabilities
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to articulate the solution architecture and roadmap at executive levels
- Deep understanding of application architecture, development, design principles and best practices
- Mentoring and coaching of practitioners
- Ability to storyboard presentations to gain client commitment and buy-in
- Assemble and lead a team of application architects and engineers with engagement management oversight
- Competencies and depth in IT strategy, technical architecture, solution architecture, and automation
- Routinely required to be involved in selling ranging from initial client exploratory meeting, gathering requirements, structuring solution bid, and ramping up the team for execution
- Structure, lead and facilitate various design meetings and workshops, be the face of Kyndryl to client leadership, discuss common architecture patterns and reference models, coordinate to ensure the right technical skills are on the team
- Establish the solution approach, structure and lead requirements analysis, outline key performance engineering decisions, plan for milestones, manage engagement outcomes, and oversee project team members to manage toward engagement outcomes
- Analysis of client current state, define key outcomes, define/revise IT strategy, design conceptual solutions, plan and execute design and implementation work (with support from technical specialists), while accounting for time, cost and quality targets
- Educate, mentor and coach architects on frameworks and approaches
- Engage with executive to articulate the value of Kyndryl solutions
- Contribute to Kyndryl knowledge base and methods with technique papers, work product descriptions, architectural decisions, guiding principles, documents, and code assets
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience working as a performance architect/engineer for an IT professional services firm or similar background in an IT performance engineer role in a large enterprise, focused on application performance optimization and testing strategies.
Broad knowledge of modern performance engineering technologies including application performance requirements gathering, performance testing strategies, latency identification points, and remediation strategies. Experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture, automation and/or resiliency is a plus
Broad expertise in application performance remediation techniques, re-design, re-architecting (microservices/APIs), containerization, automation, etc.…
Performance, Testing, and design method champion to gather and analyze requirements, design and implement specific solutions. Expert level understanding of conceptual, logical and physical design stages
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
In-depth understanding and experience in; Performance testing, application development, database design and optimization techniques
Led detailed design sessions to outline implementation tasks
Experience working with business and technical leaders to adopt innovative ways to drive enterprise digital transformation efforts
Know how to apply consulting techniques (such as issues-based consultant, architecture frameworks and methods) in a range of business/IT solution contexts
About Business Unit“This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.”
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.”
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.