Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Product Manager, you will own outcomes. This will include:
- Working closely with customers and other market experts to define capabilities that are needed for their success and support our business strategy
Work closely with peer offering managers in defining and driving product/business strategy for the MBSE portfolio to achieve business revenue targets and increase market share in a growing market
Work closely with design to concept delightful user experiences using narratives and well-baked requirements
- Work closely with development to document requirements, groom the backlog, forecast releases, plan iterations, and deliver high quality product to end users
- Develop effective demos for sellers and sales engineers (e.g. client technical professionals)
- Collaborate with CTPs, sellers, CSMs, Expert Labs, technology partners and business partners
- Ideal candidates for this role are individuals who flourish in a high-performance environment and cultivate the same from peers and respective teams. In addition, they are:
- Relentlessly passionate about product design, user experience, and implementing features with minimal complexity
Skilled at breaking down high level initiatives into actionable work items which can be delivered through software release cycle
Skilled at work prioritization and backlog management
- Stewards of process and practices but not to the point of conformity where it can impact business value and team productivity
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
12+ years of relevant industry experience
Two years or more experience in offering or product management following enterprise agile software delivery working alongside design and development teams
- Two years or more using with industry leading enterprise agile planning or development tools such as IBM Engineering Workflow Management (formally known as Rational Team Concert), Microsoft's Github/GitLab, Aha! Portfolio Management, Atlassian's Jira, etc
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Two years or more experience with Model Based Engineering (tools such as Simulink, Rhapsody or Cameo/MagicDraw)
Two years or more experience in developing applications with unique industry requirements – e.g. Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, or Medical Devices
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.