At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Offering Leader, Career Programs and Experience helps to drive the overall career strategy including the design and operationalizing of an end-to-end experience for employee career mobility. In this role, you'll build a strategy focused on providing growth and development opportunities in new and innovative ways and helping the organization to become a destination for high-impact, meaningful and distinguished tech careers while matching the needs of the business by building a flexible supply of skills from across the workforce.
As a member of the larger talent team, you'll partner to develop programs, platforms, and governance to systematically activate talent mobility. Initial programs / scope could include career paths, professions, career conversations, and coaching/mentoring. However, the ultimate goal is to enable a system where employees are empowered to shape their future, have equitable opportunities to grow their career, and that helps ensure the business has the right talent at the right time to address changing business needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong business acumen by showcasing an insightful understanding of the market, including competitors (internal and external) and the macro and micro trends
- Showcase innovation, creativity, and strategic thinking by establishing a short-term and long-term strategic vision and roadmap, including clear articulation of user problem statements and needs
- Employ analytical skills to leverage qualitative and quantitative data to build a business case, draw insights, and measure success
- Influence across the organization to gain advocacy and enlist stakeholders and sponsor users to support the continued use and growth of our offerings
- Work collaboratively with other leaders across the Talent team to ensure that the organization is meeting objectives in delivering key outcomes and value
- Effectively apply project management skills, along with agile methods and enterprise design thinking, to deliver customer-centric projects on time, while balancing multiple stakeholders
You should think about applying if:
- You are a thought leader able to envision new ideas and creative solutions
- You possess infectious curiosity, with an eye towards continuous improvement
- You are a collaborative problem solver with the ability to analyze complex situations and strong business judgment to support decision making
- You take ownership in challenging situations, acting as a self-starter but also bringing together cross-functional teams to collaborate, and helping to build consensus
- You are an excellent communicator, can deliver executive-level products, and are able to influence others both internally and
- You have passion for the ongoing skill and career development of IBMers and are excited to take on this impactful offering and continue its evolution
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $113,000 - $174,000 is based on a full-time schedule.Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience.For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately."
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Demonstrated experience in leveraging Design Thinking and Agile Methods to deliver outcomes
Excellent interpersonal skills to interact, and effectively communicate with, various audiences, including leadership, peers, and cross-functional squads
Demonstrated experience leading teams, especially in situations where you are leading without authority
Strong business acumen, including an understanding of organizational issues and challenges
Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability, including experience working in ambiguity with little clear guidance or precedent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Demonstrated analytical capabilities, including data analysis and visualization
Previous experience leading programs or initiatives, especially those focused on skills, careers, or learning
Subject matter expertise in talent, skills, or workforce management
Up to 20% travel could occur.
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.