The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Radford, VA (candidates must be local/willing to relocate)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
In this role you will be responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier for our federal client. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in UNIX and Windows environments. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards.
Must have 1-3 years of experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, IIS or JBOSS. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support of these technologies in Dev, Test and Prod environments; assisting in project releases; configuring and installing the middleware technologies; assisting in troubleshooting of reported outages; automating administration tasks. Responsible for maintaining security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet client security requirements. Responsible for development and maintenance of mid-tier system monitoring and administrative dashboards to ensure a proactive approach to system management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working tasks in ServiceNow for installing, configuring, patching or troubleshooting Application and Web servers
- Documenting progress on tickets with in ServiceNow.
- Periodic review of client’s Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Documenting common knowledge for future team use into Atlassian Confluence tool
- Consistent review of literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, VA. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required to begin work on Day 1.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years of experience in application server management using WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS or similar enterprise mid-tier management tool
- Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS or similar class server systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows administrations skills.
- Ability to communicate to external customers in a professional manner.
- Have a DOD Secret security clearance.
- CompTIA Security + certification
- Background in a Web Application Server environment in a substantially large enterprise. Experience with automating maintenance tasks in an IT Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration tool such as Ansible
- Experience with Powershell
- Understanding of application network architectures to troubleshoot firewall and port issues
- Understanding of SSL
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, maintain project schedules and manage tasks to ensure completion of projects within the established schedules
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
- Experience with leading a project.
- Experience with training resources.
- Experience with COTs integrations such as: Alfreco, Tableau, Keypass
- Knowledge of Web Services, both SOAP and REST.
- Knowledge of XML
- Knowledge of DTD, XSLT, Xerces and Xalan is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in technical field or related discipline or comparable experience in a previous job
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.