We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Management and administration of various middleware products such as Oracle WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere Products, Cognos, Datastage.
Your job will be:
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- To take care of all the middleware and Business Intelligence products that we support (installation, upgrade and maintenance)
- Design, develop and maintain configuration and tooling for various accounts
- Solve customer technical and functional issues
- Meet high availability and performance goals according to our SLA (Incident, Change, Service Request)
- Ensure integration with underlying platform and with logging, monitoring and alerting systems
- Maintain and contribute to improvement of all services such as documentation, scripts and automation.
You will have the opportunity to:
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
Strong career opportunities
Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
- Above standard Medical Care
Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
Global Travel and Life insurance
Contribution to the Pension fund
IBM stock purchase plan
Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
Benefit from mentoring and coaching
Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills and knowledge of various middleware products WebSphere Products, MS IIS, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat
- Good knowledge to work with multiple platforms (LINUX, AIX, WINDOWS) and different architecture.
- knowledge of TCP/IP based computer networks and common internet protocols
- Operating system general knowledge: processes, network configuration, performance of resources (memory, cpu), filesystems/disks, files - rights, users...
- Good knowledge of shell scripting
- Problem Solving
- Growth mindset
- Proficiency in English (communication verbal/written)
- No problem to participate in 24x7 on-call support
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Scripting skill (Perl, Jython, Python, Json,Java, Php)
- Ansible Playbook development and deployment.
- Cloud Administration (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud…)
- Hadoop Installation and administration.
- Design thinking
- French Speaker Basic level.
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.