At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing strategic assessment and deal progression for complex or alternative structure opportunities for IBM Services. (1) maintaining close relationships with executive line managers to ensure strategy alignment to broader organizational goals; (2) analyzing market segments to ensure that we stay abreast of markets and current competitors in those segments; and (3) completing special projects (proactive and inbound complex strategic or commercial opportunity assessment that arise.)
Frequent interaction with IBM senior executive management is required along with the commensurate refined communication skills appropriate to address this level of executive leadership internal & external.
A strong knowledge of IBM along with a strong internal network and the ability to manage external relationships are also key. On a project-to-project basis may involve engagement with investment banks, relationships with venture capital firms, private equity sponsors, industry experts, key opinion leaders, as well as coordinating management presentations and working with executive sponsors to identify the criterion by which a buyer/partner/seller selection will be made.
- Industry and market analysis: Understand and stay current on tech industry trends, competitive landscape and internal solution development efforts across multiple lines of IBM businesses. Perform industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IBM’s existing businesses or expansion into new areas or industries. Partner with business teams on strategy development including identifying and prioritizing strategic gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options and collaborating on target selection criteria and recommendations. The role will require responsibility for developing creative frameworks to tackle complex strategy and business challenges as well as significant analysis of research and data to develop actionable solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
2+ years in mergers & acquisitions (M&A), investment banking, or venture investing experience.
5+ years in services/product/offering management or senior financial management experience with P&L responsibility.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
MBA and/or JD from top tier school. 3-5+ years at a top-tier investment bank/PE/VC, management consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain etc.), in-house corporate strategy or corporate development team, preferably with a focus on the technology industry.
Familiarity with all stages of the acquisition, investment and divestiture lifecycles, from deal sourcing, to deal execution, through to integration.
- Experience developing business cases containing measurable factors and demonstrating how initiatives relate to strategies and/or operational objectives.
- Ability to deconstruct and critique financial statements including I&E’s, Cash Flows and Balance Sheets.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.