System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities : IT Specialists in this job role collects and processes customer system and hardware usage data. Based on data processing, specialist creates a performance and capacity reports on daily/weekly/monthly basis. He/She is responsible for TDS reporting system, administration as well as product version upgrade. Performance and capacity management specialist performs day-to-day operations, monitoring and troubleshooting related to data integrity, availability and processing.
- TDS (reporting system) product administration
- TDS product version upgrade
- Customer performance system data analysis and processing
- Data availability and integrity check
- Performing system reports
- Performing capacity analysis and reports
- Database administration, components change
- Problem and change management
- Capacity management
- Broad education and development opportunities which include training and/or professional certifications
- Additional 5 days paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Transparent career path and potential for growth within a leading IT company
- Various benefits/discounts/offerings for sports, massages, financial services and others
- Languages classes (free of charge)
- Discounts for IBMers
- Private medical package and insurance package
You will have the opportunity to:
- Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured onboarding and development program
- Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
- Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
- Benefit from mentoring and coaching
- Balance your work with your life and enjoy flexible working
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases (preferably DB2)
- SQL language knowledge and skills
- Basic experience in troubleshooting and resolving database related problems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- REXX/COBOL language knowledge (optional)
- Technical background (no mainframe skills required)
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Service oriented mentality
- Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitAt Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.