At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a senior technical expert, you will take the lead in creating / reviewing technical solution for RFP (Request for Proposals) from clients with major focus on cloud and digital transformation. You will collaborate with the seller to identify opportunity, develop proposal outline, and outline how a client can accelerate business transformation . You will shape complex strategic new logo deals that involve multiple towers by acting as the integrator of the technical solution community, providing them guidance / coaching on architecture and solution strategies. We are seeking a high caliber individual to cover the breadth of responsibility outlined below.
- Design & articulate an innovative technical approach/ solution architecture based on your understanding of client’s business and technical needs
- Work with the sellers to identify key opportunity areas for the client by baselining their existing technical architecture & comparing with industry best practices
- Post qualification: Develop & design a winning solutioning strategy
- Assist in sales pitches and enable proactive campaigns to bring forth Kyndryl’s capabilities and offerings
- Lead IT transformation projects
- Engage with key client counterparts as technical solution / subject matter expert
- Develop collateral showcasing key technical capabilities, trends and business need implications for client meetings
- Be a trusted advisor to the client, pro-actively educate and guide discussions to win new clients
- Maintain a strong point of view on relevant technical trends, market landscape on offerings and future growth plays
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Skills: ( Example: At least 3 years experience in each skill )
- Deep & significant experience developing solutions in areas like cloud native development, hybrid / multi-cloud deployment, container management, DevOps, DevSecOps
- Significant experience with complex application migration and modernization.
- Expert level certifications in one or more hyperscalers (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google)
- Demonstrated experience to work across cross-functional teams to deliver complex IT solutions
- Demonstrated experience in identification of key opportunity areas with the client by baselining their existing technical architecture & comparing with industry best practices
- High technical proficiency and ability to learn new tools quickly
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.