At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Radford, VA (candidates must be local/willing to relocate)
As part of the Service Desk, incumbent will be responsible for:
- Fielding user communication, creating and documenting tickets, troubleshooting, and escalation. This includes initial support and analysis for correct classification, ticket ownership, monitoring, tracking and communication, resolution and recovery of incidents not assigned to second tier support, closure of incidents, monitoring the status and progress towards resolution of assigned incidents, and communication to relevant parties on incident progress.
- Completing other non-ticket creation duties as assigned by Service Desk Management.
- Abiding by standard Service Desk policy and process, including shift scheduling and performance metrics.
Incumbent will receive initial 4-6 weeks of training Monday through Friday, 0800-1630. After training is complete, incumbent will be expected to move to 3rd shift (2230-0900). These are 10-hour shifts that cover three weekdays and every other weekend. Full schedule is available upon request.
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, VA. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required to begin work on Day 1.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor’s Degree, as a minimum
- Minimum of 1 year of service/help desk or customer service support desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation, MS Office Suite, use of help desk/trouble ticketing software (prior use of ServiceNow preferred).
- New Service Desk analysts are required to earn ITIL v3 Foundations Certification within 90 days of hire date.
- Must possess minimum Interim Security Clearance (Full Clearance must be granted in order to remain employed)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
DOD Secret Clearance
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.