At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As DB2 Database Administrator, you will perform database structure analysis, software maintenance, implementation and provide administrative support for DB2 databases and related applications.
You will provide the management, operations and maintenance support of mission critical systems’ data analytics platform and environment, both the hardware and software. You will provide, deployment, patching, upgrade, testing, root cause analysis, triage, trouble shooting, debugging and ongoing support for host, application, log monitoring and alerting. You will be responsible for maintaining a highly available system with geographically diverse operating locations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain high-performance database systems using DB2 for mission critical systems that require 24x7x365 operations in an agile DevSecOps environment.
- Create, document, and implement standard, secure, high-performance configurations for all DB2 database installs.
- Design and implement databases in accordance to development teams and end user information needs and views.
- Create, distribute, and enforce standards for user account, group, and database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases that may contain PII or other security sensitive data protected under federal regulatory requirements.
- Develop SQL scripts and objects to support application functionality and performance as needed.
- Assist development and reporting groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability.
- Design, document, implement, and monitor archive and other essential log file configuration, operation, and location.
- Provide monthly reports to management on performance on production databases including any performance exceptions and all requested performance data in a summarized, easy-to-read format.
- Design, document, and implement performance-enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration change to improve performance using performance data collected to verify performance improvements.
- Ensure systems meet a high level of availability as measured by organization SLAs including preparedness for business continuity and disaster recovery scenarios as well as fail-over capability using High Availability.
- Capture, tracking, and reporting of Data Analytics Hardware/Software SLAs/SLOs.
- Ensure systems meet a high standard for quality of service by proactively monitoring and tuning systems.
- Plan for future capacity and resource utilization.
- Function as a subject matter expert to other application and database developer groups providing guidance for query optimization, data modeling and data platform architecture.
- Ensure systems meet required standards for DHS organization compliance and security guidelines.
- Showcase how the services are important to deliver business value for mission critical systems that requires 24x7x365 operations.
- Drive a holistic approach to the facilitating of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services and delivering agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations, security, and business needs to drive and lead a pragmatic service delivery plan.
- Partner with key stakeholders and business partners on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the organization.
- Partner with federal IT leadership and help manage day-to-day change management activities.
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
5 weeks of paid vacation
Relocation assistance in the amount of 15.000 CZK paid according to Relocation Assistance Policy (this package is conditional)
Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
Strong career opportunities
Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
Above standard Medical Care
Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
Global Travel and Life insurance
Contribution to the Pension fund
IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
Benefit from mentoring and coaching
Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you back.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Database Administrator with a minimum of 3 years of experience managing large scale, high volume, high velocity transactional and back up databases for 24x7x365 mission critical systems.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitAs announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
IBM currently plans that within the third quarter of 2021, Kyndryl will commence operations within IBM in most countries. Kyndryl will then spin off from IBM as a separate publicly traded company on a date to be announced, subject to the satisfaction of regulatory requirements.
As you are aware, your role is to perform or support the Infrastructure Services. Thus, your role may be transferred to the relevant Kyndryl entity in your country as part of the spin off. Until IBM's Infrastructure Services teams are transferred to the Local Kyndryl entity, and you have been notified of the transfer, you will work in support of the Infrastructure Services team(s) at IBM.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.