At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesPromontory is an Industry Transformation Unit within IBM’s Global Business Services. Promontory provides consulting services specializing in risk management and regulatory compliance, primarily in the financial services industry. We provide clients with frank, proactive advice informed by evolving best practices and regulatory expectations. We are valued for the expertise, insight and integrity. Promontory’s senior professionals are former regulators and financial services executives and advisers; we rely upon experts to interpret regulatory requirements; as well as implement solutions to meet them. We stress innovation and creativity in answering our clients’ toughest questions. Promontory advises clients on evolving risk areas at the intersection of regulation and technology, including technology compliance related to the cloud, trustworthy implementation of artificial intelligence, and data security and privacy.
The Promontory team is diverse, talented and passionate about its work. The business team has expertise spanning prudential and conduct regulation, including in financial crime, governance, operational resilience, wholesale, risk management and privacy issues. This role is principally focused on commercial contracting and negotiating terms and conditions with clients. We would like to attract applicants who are enthusiastic about gaining experience in financial services regulation and compliance. Additionally, the nature of our engagements allow for involvement in complex client matters where there are novel questions and the opportunity to broaden business strategy, project management and other skill sets. In this role you will intellectually challenged.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prepare draft contracts, non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements and data protection agreements.
- Review engagement documents drafted by internal business teams, including proposals, statements of work and contracts.
- Review, analyze and negotiate documents drafted by clients, including master services agreements, non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements and data protection agreements.
- Conduct legal research and draft memoranda on discrete legal issues.
- Analyze legal or regulatory requirements applicable to Promontory’s business.
- Assist with legal, administrative and document management support.
- Maintain case management tracker to ensure contract inventory is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Assist with preparing reports on contract metrics including contract expiry and challenging contract issues.
- Serve as liaison between the business and operations team to ensure appropriate contract bid support and contract registration.
- Prepare educational presentations on legal and operational developments for the business teams.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Strong legal research skills and the desire to develop understanding of the law.
- Legal database expertise such as Practical Law, LexisNexis or Westlaw.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with professionals of all levels.
- Ability to build positive relationships with other staff and senior management.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PDF and project management tools.
- Flexibility and adaptability in attitude and approach to work.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about gaining an understanding of the regulation of financial services firms.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Proactive at seeking out increased responsibilities and opportunities to add value.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise2+ years of experience in a role with similar accountabilities or responsibilities, with any of the following credentials:
Qualifying law degree from an accredited law school;
- Certification and Good Standing with an accredited national paralegal certification program; or
Certification and Good Standing with an accredited national procurement or contract manager certification program
3+ three years’ experience in negotiating contracts in support of Global Business Services with a four-year college degree may be deemed a substitute for the above credentials.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Qualifying law degree from an accredited law school
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.