The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Infrastructure Architect - Next Generation Network Services, you will provide 3rd level engineering support for our customers. and responsible for the complete VoIP environment You will be providing 3rd level support for planning, implementing and operating VoIP systems Acts as a point of contact for Service Managers in technical topics and also participating in VoIP projects
The major responsibilities of the IPT/Telephony Provisioning Analyst include:
- Previous experience in POTS, PRI, VOIP, SIP, and or data circuit provisioning required. Knowledge of telephony technologies, LNP practices and ability to read carrier records.
- Understanding of TDM and VoIP telephony architectures and infrastructures including associated equipment and functions.
- Understanding of North American Dial Plan and international dialing processes.
- Understanding of service provider circuit provisioning processes and potential issues.
- Obtain service records, invoices, and CSRs for client sites as required.
- Maintain telephony inventory in Service Now CMDB.
- Interface with client TEM provider to insure invoice payment and inventory accuracy.
- Daily communications with internal departments such as: Accounts Payable, Human Resources as well as other divisions of IT as required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 – 7 year of experience operating any VoIP products (Cisco)
- Centralized monitoring, network performance reporting, network optimization, and
- Troubleshooting of enterprise IPT & UCaaS deployments.
- SIP routing design, trunking design and implementation.
- Cisco SBC SIP service design, implementation, and operations.
- Implementing security policies and procedures for IPT and video.
- Contact Center Applications, Unity Connection, Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE)
- Fidelus Operator Console
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
7+ years network and voice engineering experience\\
Experience in cisco (LAN/WAN) network technologies
Former lead role in building Cisco Unified Communication projects
Skype / Teams operation experience
Different VoIP vendor experience (other than Cisco)
Service Now experience
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementWhen applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.