The IBM Security Solutions Team is looking for a Consumer Identity & Access Management (CIAM) Technical Sales Specialist.
As a Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) you are the technical expert and advisor to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a TSS you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a CIAM Technical Sales Specialist, you are IBM’s technical sales consultant to our clients and a technical sales leader for IBM sales teams. You will learn your client's business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape and apply your technical knowledge and experience to bring new solutions to your assigned clients. You will be responsible for collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and Proof of Concepts.
You will support technical escalations, design solutions, and answer technical questions throughout the sales process in order to progress and close sales and develop customer relationships. You will assist the IBM sales team with quantifying the value proposition of our solutions with clients.
- Demonstrated technical and business value aptitude
- Demonstrated customer-facing, presentation, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a mobile environment
- Taking initiatives to own accounts and issues and driving team members toward the common goal of winning business
- Ability to articulate the technical benefits of IBM's IT portfolio products, solutions, and services to all levels in customer's organization
- Ability to identify the client’s business and technical requirements
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key decisions makers and influencers at your clients
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling demonstrations, proof of concepts, prototypes, and other pre-sales assets which tie IBM Security solutions to Customer Value.
- Ability to assist with Request for Proposal (RPF)/Request for Information (RFI) and other technical questionnaires.
- Competency in support training and consulting in post-sales tool and processing deployment situations
- Understanding of Information Management surrounding technology at a high level and positioning value props for these products with clients
- Ability to provide technical assistance for marketing activities: Regional Workshops, User Group Meetings, Sales Seminars, Meet-ups, and Trade Shows
This role is part of the technical sales career path, which is built around deep technical expertise and in-depth knowledge of the client's business and technical environment. Important to this career path are business acumen, building and maintaining client relationships, incorporating hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensuring client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. Technical sellers in this career path develop and manage client relationships within the client's technical and business community.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years experience in Information Technologies
At least 3 years experience in Software Presales, Sales Engineering
Good understanding of Identity & Access Management domain with focus on Consumer IAM, SAML, Oauth 2.0, OIDC, Federation, etc.
Solid experience in web & mobile (iOS, Android) application development
Solid experience working with REST APIs.
Excellent presentation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.