Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Our organization is looking for a IBM z & LinuxONE Technical Sales Specialist. Technical Sales Specialists partner with IBM and Business Partner sales teams to deliver industry centric business solutions to clients. As a client-facing technical sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – to be essential to its clients.
We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's LinuxONE and IBM z portfolio including software, servers as well as Lab Services. The job will be based in Saudi Arabia. Candidate should have Linux technical skills and a ideally also a high level understanding of the IBM Z ecosystem and z/OS.
- Execute Technical Accelerators such as: presentation, demonstration, client discovery workshops, Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones, architecture & design, installation and production setup.
- DevOps subject-matter technical expert to validate proposed client solution and customer requirements.
- Supports sales team on prospect customer conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits.
- Leads technical response to Request for Proposal and Request For Information (RFI) by writing clear responses to commonly asked questions and gathering answers from other internal technical experts.
- Supports business partner teams by participating in technical calls and meetings with prospective customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of working experience on IBM Z platform.
- In-depth hands-on experience within z/OS environment and its subsystems and tools.
- Application development tools and languages on IBM Z.
- Technical consulting/Technical sales/ Technical Architecture experience in application development, testing and deployment.
- Strong consultative skills and successful industry solution and complex architecture project implementation experience.
- Experience working with international clients
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.