At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Client Partner Executive (CPE) constructs partnerships between clients, team IBM, vendors, and subcontractor organizations and manages the implementation of these partnerships to meet the needs of our clients and represent the value of IBM. They have equally balanced skills in five key general management areas of client relationship management, consultative selling, financial / business management, portfolio / program management and team / people management. The CPE is the overall leader who owns and is accountable for all activities on large complex IT Services contract(s).
- Responsible to deliver all contractual obligations to clients and maintain a positive business control posture.
- Responsible to coordinate across other IBM brands to ensure the best solutions are presented to clients.
- Accountable for meeting revenue, profit, sales growth, delivery, and for improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to build and maintain strong client relationships at all levels with the objective of being a trusted business partner.
- Proactively work with clients to identify their business and IT challenges, objectives, priorities, directions and critical success factors.
- Applies this knowledge to establish and implement an Account Strategy that includes delivery of IBM Services and account growth.
- Translate customer requirements into formal agreements, establishing specific solutions, and leading the efforts that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Have overall responsibility for their contractual cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables.
- Manage IBM resources and coordinates client resources to deliver services and solutions to support the client organization.
- Recognized for business acumen by the customer set they support.
- Leads a functional/business unit.
Business unit, country, or international professional mastery related to operations, strategies, and objectives in leading edge or critical situations.
Teamwork at highest levels. Plan and conduct complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
Anticipate, create and define innovative and visionary concepts in strategic environment.
Develops and implements product, market, business, or technology strategies with executive review. Has vision of overall strategies. Contributes to policy making. Recognized as an expert and leader by members of a field, related functions, and multi -country organizations. Leads business unit, country, or international teams, conducts special projects, or manages functions or strategic departments.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for business unit, major country, or international projects or programs. Responsible for committing multiple resources and achieving customer satisfaction, cost, expense, revenue and other business measurements of critical importance. Responsible for quality output/value add for highly visible products, services and future business development.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Adaptable and flexible to work environment including, but not limited to, out of town travel as required to meet business commitments and working overtime, as business needs may require, handling multiple tasks concurrently, and easily adapting to new assignments, system, tools; produce clear, concise, accurate written communication, clearly conveying thoughts and ideas to peers, management, and customers; establish and maintain positive work relationships with peers, management, and customers, displaying willingness to understand diverse points of view; learn and apply new equipment and tools within an acceptable timeframe; and assume ownership of assignments, completing commitments on time. (While all of these continuing responsibilities apply to all jobs in IBM, the specific ways in which they apply may vary job to job).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained. (While all jobs involve dealing with stressors, the particular stressors may vary job to job).
- Work in areas which adhere to state and federal regulatory standards, or where no such standards exist, to nationally accepted guidelines; i.e., dust, fumes, physical and chemical agents.
About Business UnitAt Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.