At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Leader (ICL) is responsible for the end-to-end IBM client relationship, customer satisfaction, and financial portfolio results. They are the overall lead for IBM and liaison with the client to provide pro-active point of view and advise on client transformational vision / strategy by aligning IBM capabilities in GBS services, Systems, Cloud and Cognitive to help achieve them.
Many Banking and Financial Markets Clients are going through significant transformations. The IBM Client Leader will be required to pro-actively build and protect the current IBM footprint by increasing and widening our breath and depth to ensure it is a complete representation of the best IBM can offer across the IBM portfolio. In addition, the ICL will leverage their advisory and consultative leadership skills and experience to help the client resolve business challenges by providing transformational solutions including consulting services, cognitive and cloud software solutions, Red Hat and systems technology.
This role requires the ICL to quickly establish C-Suite executive leadership presence and credibility, cross-functional knowledge and ability to reinforce IBM's relevancy to both new and longer-term business executives within the account. IBM has the opportunity to grow mindshare and market share by establishing ourselves as the trusted global provider of business solutions, and this is a critical mission and objective for this role.Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Be the executive leader, including regular interactions with the C-Suite to develop, curate and sustain lasting relationships, which will be the drivers and orchestration for delivering excellence, relevance, and sustainable growth. Own entire engagement model, starting with business development and extending towards, sales, business partners, relationship building, operational leadership, product and service delivery, industry experience and client satisfaction.
Deliver full year financial objectives for a Segment 1 account by executing on IBM’s Hybrid Cloud and AI Strategy through the America’s 2021 Blueprint with emphasis on:
a. IBM Revenue
b. Services / Stream Revenue
c. Red Hat Single Year Booking
Strong collaboration with the extended IBM team to develop and execute plans to close business, achieve revenue and signings commitments, and deliver best in-class customer satisfaction. Lead a core critical team consisting of a Global Business Service Partner, Client Technical Leader and Red Hat and provide strategic direction to brand specialists.
Develop and execute strategies to meet revenue and financial targets, manage the account and teams to exceptional sales hygiene and governance, and sustain a management system internally and externally that is focused on achieving bottom line revenue growth for IBM with a particular focus on expanding the IBM Services Footprint. Make important market share gains via IBM Services through the development of strategic Global Business Services growth opportunities and further sales execution closure of in-pipe opportunities.
Responsibility To Others:
- Ensure industry relevance and key skills growth through a comprehensive learning program including certifications / industry badges as appropriate, mandatory education and professional development. Continue to change our culture through coaching and mentoring peers and listening to help achieve a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Actively own and earn the client experience transformation through increasing NPS participation and improving the number of Promoters. Drive the actions for improvement based on client feedback.
- Drive and close transformational solutions with clients mirroring IBM’s investments around Hybrid Cloud, Data and AI as well as Financial Services Industry solutions.
Drive a transformational engagement approach which leverages IBM Technology / GTM (Go to Market) that delivers on client business outcomes. Leverage Garage Co-creation and CSM investments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Strong Executive Presence and Leadership: ability to develop, maintain, and drive influence with C-Suite client business relationships.
Demonstrated deep consultative sales skills developing and supporting strategic transformations for clients with a global footprint.
- Business development experience demonstrating Growth Mind-Set to discover/develop "white space" opportunities and create compelling reasons for a client to act.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience selling / delivering IBM's portfolio including systems, cloud & cognitive software, and services; leading complex cross-functional deals.
Adept at people management skills in a matrix reporting environment and collaborating within boundaries (internally and externally).
Role model Account Management expertise that includes knowledge of industry solution best practices, competitive market analysis, business solution development, financial and contract management.
Banking & Financial Institution exp
Hybrid-Cloud, Cloud & AI
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
8 to 10+ years of the required skills
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities. Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.