At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development Executive - Application Modernization shall be responsible for providing thought leadership for our clients’ end-to-end cloud modernization journey. The Distributed Application Modernization offering encompasses modernizing to hybrid cloud environments, modernizing to the cloud and cloud application operations services within IBM Global Business Services (GBS). As a member of the Application Modernization Services team, the candidate will work closely with clients, the IBM sales community and business partners. The candidate must have consultative selling skills, supplemented by their deep technical expertise.
This role will focus on business development, including:
Acting as a thought leader to evangelize application modernization as the core of cloud adoption and digital transformation to internal stakeholders and to our clients
Identifying opportunities and increasing pipeline
- Defining and executing sales campaigns for targeted accounts
Participating in pre-sales activities to gain client mind share
Assessing current state and architecting competitive solutions
Developing business cases
- Assisting in creating new Cloud Modernization offerings and capabilities
Must be comfortable working in a matrixed organization, teaming and building trusted relationships with other service lines and business units within IBM to close deals. Must also have skills partnering and building trusted relationship with senior client contacts, including the CxO level.
Role responsibilities include:
Providing subject matter expertise working with GBS Partners and Practice Leaders towards identifying and progressing Distributed Application Modernization opportunities
- Creating pipeline for assigned sector via campaigns: defining, developing, executing and articulating business outcomes from campaigns targeted at Distributed Application Modernization prospects
Understanding typical industry business processes and architectures
Establishing deep client relationships
- Communicating effectively to technical and business audiences
- Consultative selling with clients and sales teams to identify, qualify, determine the approach, and craft services solutions for Distributed Application Modernization opportunities
Develop assessment material using appropriate frameworks and models
Facilitate and run modernization assessments and workshops
Understand client’s business objectives, challenges and current state
Create a vision of the future state and outline implementation approach
Define compelling business propositions for proposals and presentations
Highlight benefit, value creation, key risks and mitigation strategies
Identify and discuss issues with the client
Work with the client and IBM teams to develop solutions
- Provide modernization solutions that increase clients’ competitiveness, improve business operations, drive largest business benefit, and improve customer experience
Establishing credibility with clients and IBM team members based on Cloud and Distributed Application Modernization expertise
Providing effective Application Modernization and restructuring guidance
Effectively applying Application Modernization techniques, patterns and tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 10 years of experience in technical pre-sales / sales solutioning role and at least 3 years of experience with North American clients
At least 5 years of experience in application modernization consulting, spanning the spectrum of modernization patterns
Experience assessing client environments for modernization opportunities
Experience developing and presenting impactful sales collateral to clients and internally
At least 3 years of experience developing and refining services offerings
- At least 3 years of experience in a solution generating role
- At least 5 years of experience working with cloud based applications, containers, C, C++, C# , Java, .NET and / or any other 4GL language
At least 2 years of experience in next gen technologies (e.g. Cloud, Microservices, API)
- At least 3 years of experience selling management consulting services
At least 3 years of experience building C level client relationships
At least 3 years of experience facilitating workshops / meetings
At least 3 years of experience in working in a management consulting firm
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in Distributed Application Development and/or DevSecOps
Solution or Architecture Certification on AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud or Google Cloud
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.