System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As CommVault Backup Admin, you are responsible to provide L2 and L3 level technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
Provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to CommVault products.
Diagnose Backup products and related product issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
Participate in disaster recovery, planning, changes, upgrades, implementation and tests as scheduled.
Primary on call support for Backup service.
Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed.
Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
Aid with identifying problem management trends.
See what can you feel certain about:
Private health care
Life insurance package
Discount system for IBMers
Free language courses
Wide range of beneficial packages for parents and children
Sports activities (eg. Yoga@IBM) & Team Events
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Commvault products;
- Working knowledge in CommVault Installation, Configuration and Upgrade in Windows, UNIX and Linux environments;
- Experience in creation and configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle, Lotus Notes, and Sybase databases, RAW, Flash for various backup clients;
- Proficient in design the complete Backup, Restore strategy. Configuration of Backups- Full/Incremental/Image/Sub-file and Troubleshooting;
- Responsible to implement High Availability, Workload Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery;
- Solid understanding in configuration of inventory expiration, migration, reclamation, and scheduling;
- Experience in creating backup scripts for user backup for UNIX and Windows servers;
- Proven experience debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.