As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues
- You have practical experience in software development and programming languages
- You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently
- You are eager to make an impact and support projects that affect IBM across our global enterprise
As a Back End Developer you:
- Are experienced with client-server architectures, networking protocols, application development, and using databases
- Have experience using and developing APIs
- Understand user and system requirements
- . Have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile development methodology
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers
- . You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability
- Design and code servers, services, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use
- Create and configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Design and implement large scale systems and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) that enable continuous delivery
*** IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.***
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ years in the following technology areas: C++, C, Java, SQL
3+ years in REST API development
Experience with object oriented programming/methodologies
Experience delivering solutions using an Agile / Scrum methodology
Familiarity with cloud environments such as IBM Cloud & Hybrid Cloud
Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Understanding of user and system requirements
Ability to write code that is well documented as well as structured into meaningful components and modules
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
3+ Years as a Software Developer
Familiarization with UI design frameworks & component based libraries like w3DS, Bootstrap, Semantic UI, Materialize CSS
Ability to leverage web application frameworks like Express to provide clean and easy servers.
Utilize automation software like Docker to deploy web applications
Knowledge of Database technologies – RDBMS or NoSQL
Knowledge of MQSeries
Knowledge of Liberty/WAS
DevOps experience to support the continuous integration and continuous delivery cycle
Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail
Comprehensive overall passion for technology
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS. Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed."
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.