At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
In this analytics consultant role, the consultant will be involved in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of analytics engagements for our procurement clients. The analytics consultant understands external variables, learns internal landscape of our clients (requirements, organizational structure, priorities) and develops relationships to successfully enable the delivery of analytics that will drive actionable sourcing intelligence to deliver improved cost, reduced risk, and ultimately more efficient procurement organizations for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develops analytics deliverables for external customers to be delivered as part of consulting engagements
- Build relationships with client stakeholders in order to demonstrate value in continued engagement, can challenge the client stakeholders when fruitful, and can bring additional subject matter expertise.
Identifies actionable sourcing opportunities for our clients through the utilization of advanced data analytics and procurement expertise.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and SME to our external customers
Collect and analyze internal/external category data, metrics, and reports to track performance against targets.
Ability to analyze multiple data sets to identify opportunities and category insights
Innovate within the procurement analytics space; looking for new solutions and technologies that can drive incremental value to our clients.
- Support pre-sales and sales delivery using knowledge gained through steady state customer delivery
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization where internal relationship building is a critical element of success
Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges
- Strong consulting skills in establishing strategic direction, communicating, influencing client organization, negotiations skills, facilitation and management skills.
- Understanding of market trends in the Procurement and specifically the Procurement Analytics domain. Including experience using data with advanced analytics, business intelligence and reporting tools and big data management solutions.
- Ability to effectively produce visualizations through a business intelligence platform that effectively communicate desired outcomes or opportunity areas to customers
- Experience leading, launching and executing initiatives when given ambiguous direction
- Skilled in value proposition development and effectively communicating business value to customers
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
2+ years of experience in the Procurement domain (across multiple industries)
- 1+ years of experience specifically in Indirect Procurement
2+ years of experience in client facing/consultative roles
- Previous experience with data and analytics (analytics platforms, BI software, etc.)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM Global Procurement has the responsibility for achieving the best overall value for IBM and our clients when acquiring or contracting goods, services, and intellectual property assets. Our mission: "Listen for need, source with speed." We continually work to create value by managing costs and risks, engaging in revenue generation opportunities with our sales teams, and providing superior service to our clients as we ensure on-time delivery. Join us as we transform clients' strategies by delivering simple engagements focused on speed, leveraging digitization, cognitive insights, and innovation from suppliers to maximize value.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.