At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly motivated individual that will use problem determination skills to provide remote AIX technical software support to Premium client’s including problem management for both software and hardware issues.
You will be responsible for delivering reports and proactive recommendations on a monthly basis including conducting status meetings at custom intervals.
Assist with knowledge management and providing training for and mentoring others on the team
Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives/targets and high customer satisfaction
Daily interactions could include the client's technical and management team as well as IBM teams (development, account team, project office, etc.)
Will be responsible for documenting and generating client meeting minutes and service activity report
*** Participation in pager and weekend rotation is required ***
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Collaborate with other support teams/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution while communicating action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Ability to troubleshoot, collect and analyze appropriate logs, dumps, providing how-to answers and performance related advises within one or more following three, technical areas of specialization: IBM POWER platform: system administration skills in AIX OS, PowerHA, PowerVM
English language fluent in speaking and writing
Must work well in a team environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Problem solving and time management skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Technical formal degree in IT science
3+ years of IBM AIX related experience
Excellent problem-solving skills in AIX with knowledge in PowerVM, PowerHA, and HMC
- AIX: Middleware (WAS, MQ, HTTPs, LDAP, GPFS) management skills
Linux: Admin level skill and experience for a major Linux OS (ie. RedHat/SusE)
Client handling/facing experience
IT technology support delivery experience
About Business UnitIBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.