Applications will be accepted through August 19, 2021.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent practice experience.
- 20 years of experience, including 10 years in the full scope of product management.
- Experience with infrastructure technology/services and launching infrastructure and/or platform products.
- Experience leading and growing teams of product managers, user experience, and customer engagement professionals.
About the job
- Experience with ML-related technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to represent and promote complex business or technical concepts to various stakeholders.
As the Vice President of Product Management for Machine Learning (ML) within Google Core, you will lead a global effort to create a coherent, vibrant, ML ecosystem at Google.
You will manage, develop, and implement product strategy for a complex portfolio of planet scale ML systems and infrastructure that enable all product areas within the company. Since the position is so central to overall ML efforts, you will partner closely with Product and Engineering teams across Google. You will work at the intersection of technologies that are used across the company, including Search, Google Cloud, Google Ads, YouTube and Hardware, creating plenty of opportunities to work on hard and interesting problems.
You will manage and grow an exceptional organization, collaborate with various stakeholders, and create and deliver a unified vision for Machine Learning at Google.
This role requires strong interaction with executives, and will provide tremendous opportunity for visibility across all of engineering and product at Google. As this leader, you will have the unique, career-defining opportunity to contribute to Machine Learning efforts at Google.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
- Lead the development of product vision, strategy, and a multi-year roadmap for our company wide ML infrastructure efforts.
- Balance short- and long-term goals and investments, in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and business success.
- Manage, lead, and grow a team of outstanding product managers, partnering closely with teams across Engineering, User Experience, and other functions.
- Partner closely with different product groups at Google to create, drive, and deliver a coherent developer ML infrastructure experience from ideation through launch, and may manage parts of the solution directly.
- Be an advocate of a newly created ML organization as well as channel the view of its customers to drive the overall strategy and roadmap.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.