Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Boulder, CO, USA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work experience in the operations and vendor management field.
- Experience with project management and working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
Ability to build strong relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence.
- Results-oriented, with a 'can-do' attitude and focus on continuous improvement.
Commerce (C3) is not a conventional vertical organization. We do not intend to become one. We envision C3 to be an organization defined by agility, skill, excellence, and innovative culture. Shopping, Hotels, and Flights operate in a highly competitive and changing landscape for our customers. It is characterized by extreme competition, complexity of offer, and large industry forces moving to secure share. Further, the products are changing rapidly, and we must constantly learn and drive further enhancements. The Commerce team embodies Google’s core values in everything we do, Respect the User, Respect the Opportunity, Respect Each Other.
As a Vendor Operations Manager, you will manage Global Customer Care's vendor management Commerce support operations. You are responsible for ensuring continued partnership with internal stakeholders. Support the Vendor team in running the Shopping support team, which provides outstanding customer service to our advertisers and flexibility to our Google teams.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Knowledge of online media, communication skills, and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grows. Using your relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research, and market analysis. You'll anticipate how decisions are made and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach users.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.Additional Information
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $85,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Deliver against operational goals across markets through vendor team.
- Manage relationships with existing vendor partners responsible for service delivery and market owners, and other key stakeholders in Global Customer Care.
- Interact closely with Global Vendor Management Operations, Supplier sourcing teams, HR, Legal, Sales, and Finance to maintain infrastructure, drive efficiency, and secure budget required for delivery of service.
- Support the vendor in communicating and engaging with Google stakeholders and act as a point of escalation in dispute management.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews with our vendor partner.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.