Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with development on mobile platforms
About the job
7 years developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python/PHP/Ruby, Flash/ActionScript, Objective-C, or Java
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers who are all integral in inspiring and informing design, and delivering value by gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products as well as Google's businesses.
As a UX Engineer, you'll work as part of a UX team in a challenging, fast-paced environment. You’ll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user-facing technologies to create prototypes that identify the best product experiences, launch innovative features, build tools that accelerate UX teams, bridge between design and engineering discussions, and enable efficient, high quality execution.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Serve as a mentor for junior UX engineers and peers.
- Assist front-end engineers with final development of Google products.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.