Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years experience in Policy, Operations, Legal, Program Management, or Product.
- 3 years experience managing a team.
- Online Security and/or Privacy experience.
About the job
Experience with mobile ecosystems.
- Experience with malware, social engineering, and other mobile security threats.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate in a clear and compelling manner to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with robust business judgment.
- Deep interest in technology/internet and related policy issues.
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic policy environment.
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a part of the Trust and Safety organization, the Google Play, Android, Policy team's mission is to promote a positive experience for users and developers. You help work toward this goal by developing and implementing fair and consistent policies, balancing freedom of expression, access to information, brand impact, and user experience to transform Google's principles into fair and consistent guidelines for our users.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Manage a team of Policy Subject Matter Experts.
- Drive and support policy strategy creation and execution to continuously identify needs and improve processes.
- Engage with and influence key stakeholders across Google Play and Android to identify emerging needs.
- Provide security and privacy guidance to cross-functional stakeholders to build policies and launch features.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.