Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience in technical support/professional services/software development/product operations management.
- Experience troubleshooting/advocating for customers' needs.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, weekends, holidays, and shift-based schedules.
About the job
Experience with cloud-based storage, developer tools and technologies, and using core data structures and concepts.
- Experience with SQL database administration, Google App Engine, open source software communities, cloud networking solutions, or distributed computing technology.
- Experience as a system/network administrator working with various operating systems, file systems, and customer-server protocols.
- Experience with web or mobile app development, troubleshooting database issues, schema design, and SQL query profiling.
- Ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills within a fast-paced setting.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own customer issues and provide support to our other teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24/7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding and scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation.
This role will include a need to work in a Shift Pattern or non-standard work hours as required. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer issues through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of investigation tools to resolve customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, and determining the root cause for customer reported issues and building tools for faster diagnosis.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams including product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product, and drive high-quality production.
- Work as part of a team of Engineers and Consultants that globally ensure 24-hour customer support.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.