Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in program management.
- People management experience.
About the job
Experience leading reliability projects.
- Experience with security and infrastructure projects.
- Experience managing distributed teams.
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As part of the team, you will work with Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) and Product owners to ensure some of Google's most business critical infrastructure are delivering on their availability goals.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage the Technical Program Management team for Security and Privacy within the site reliability engineering space.
- Work with Security and Privacy leadership team to set the strategy and direction for programs by outlining goals and objectives, defining program governance, and leading annual and semestral planning.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Program Management leads, to align on strategy and deliver on plans.
- Identify and mitigate systemic issues across the Security and Privacy Site Reliability Engineering program portfolio.
- Streamline processes and drive improvements to deliver scale and efficiency.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.